Off Road Trailers
Southern Cross Trailers has become known for its ability to make an off road trailer that can tackle all terrains.
Our off road trailers have been put through rigorious testing to ensure that they can handle everything you can throw at them.
4WD Action couldnt believe how well our trailers perform compared to others on the market.
What does SCT do differently?
- SCT use Zinc Anneal steel for all flat sheet on the trailers (others use mild steel)
- providing you with extremely good rust protection
- SCT use antisplatter spray on all trailers
- this aids in minimising the splatter that is left on the trailer
- SCT uses new rims and new all terrain tyres on all off road trailers
- provides reassurance that you will not be having tyre trouble whilist traveling and makes the trailer finish look superior.
- SCT will use your own wheels if you have them and they have legal tread left on them
- This allows you to save some money for extras you may want to add to the trailer and you can match your vechile
- SCT etch primes all trailers
- MANY other trailer manufacturers DO NOT prime their trailers to save time ( make them cheaper) SCT want our trailers to last so in addtion to the zinc sheet we ETCH prime every trailer
- SCT seals the enclsoed off road trailers and fits automotive seals to the recessed door jams
- This provides extra reassurance that the trailer is as water and dust proof as possible.
- SCT fit only LED lights to all trailers and we soldier each wire together
- With a lifetime warranty you never have to worry about blown globes again. Thet are recessed so you wont crack the lenses accidently when reversing. "other" manufacturers clip the wires together (cheaper/faster) but we only clip the number plate light to allow it to be removable. Clips under the traier can easily be damaged or rattle loose (hence why you see so mnay trailers with lights not working)
- SCT fix a shackle on the drawbar to lock your jockey wheel handle in
- totally elimates any possibility of the handle breaking off when going over a bump or gutter
The above are just a few areas where SCT differs from other manufacturers. Please drop in and see for yourself how our trailers are built by our team with over 20 years trailer manufacturing experience.
YES you will invest more in a trailer from SCT but when you are holidaying thousands of km's away you will be happy you invested well when you pass the abandoned trailers on the side of the road.
"Others" say off road but what they mean is " standard trailer with bigger wheels"
If you truely want to explore this rugged country then drop by and talk to us about your adventure and we can build a trailer to suit.
Trust SCT with your business and you wont be dissappointed.
You can also refer to our Options page for additions for the trailers.
This is SCT most popular off road trailer. It has been tried and tested over and over and never missed a beat. If you are planning to tour Australia on corrugated roads this is your trailer.
The Classic Off Road Trailer has seen Cape York both ways, tar and track with some fo the craziest 4WDers and not even they could break it!
|Classic Off Road||Available-7x4-7x5 and 8x5|
|HEIGHT||21" ribbed sides|
|CHASSIS||50x50 Full RHS|
|TIE RAILS||All four sides unless toolbox fitted|
|AXLE||45mm square axle 1400kg GVM|
ALKO Outback rebound springs 7 leaf
OPTION ( http://www.alko.com.au/al-ko-enduro/)
|DRAWBAR||1500mm 100x50mm RHS|
|WHEELS||New sunraysia rims and tyres 235/75/R15|
|GUSSETS||Checkerplate front and rear|
|TRAILER PLUG||7 pin flat plug|
|BRAKES||9" mechanical brakes ( electric upgrade option)|
|LIGHTS||LED including number plate light|
|COUPLING||ALKO Off Road http://www.alko.com.au/vehicle-technology-catalogue/couplings/off-road-couplings/|
|RECOVERY POINTS||2 at rear |
|GAS BOTTLE HOLDER||2 x 4.5kg holder|
|JERRY CAN HOLDER||2 x Jerry can holders|
|SPARE WHEEL||New sunraysia rim and tyre with upright mount|
|JOCKEY WHEEL||8" Swing away welded on|